Q: Weird noise coming from back left wheel

When I'm driving occasionally there is a strange noise coming from the back left week. It sounds like there is a flat tire but when I checked the tyre pressure they were fine. Any idea what it could be?

Hello. If the noise is intermittent, it is either road noise (possibly due to an abnormally worn, cupped, or damaged tire interacting with particular road "textures", hence the intermittent nature of the noise) or a component of the vehicle, for example a suspension component, that has come loose or is otherwise faulty.

If the noise is continuous, it is due to a faulty tire, wheel/tire/rotor/brake drum imbalance, brake issue (stuck brake caliper, bushings etc.) or a worn wheel bearing.

There are various tests that can quickly narrow the issue, including remote listening devices which would help determine if, say, it were a wheel bearing and if so, on which side of vehicle.

YourMechanic would be pleased to resolve the issue for you if you need assistance with pinpointing the noise. Just let us know if we can help.