Q: How do I disable the Trailer Sway feature?

asked by on December 11, 2015

How do I disable the Trailer Sway feature?

Your truck comes with a Trailer Sway feature. This feature helps ease trailer sway when towing an object. To disable the Trailer Sway feature.

1. Press the Setup button until you see Trailer Sway.

2. Press the Reset button to turn off this feature.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr

Intermittent cylinder number four misfiring, car shakes as if it would stall

Misfiring can generally be either the fuel or it can be ignition. Now, you've changed the spark plugs. But if you have an older car, did you change spark plug coils? If not, change them. If it has coil on...

question - broken ignition after car attempted to be stolen

I'm sorry to hear that someone attempted to steal your car (https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/how-to-keep-your-vehicle-safe-from-theft). Unfortunately, there is no temporary solution for this. The car will continue to act this way until the ignition switch (https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/ignition-switch-replacement) is repaired or replaced. With the ignition...

Ok so I got into a wreck last week and my head light is smashed and my bumber is pushed against my wheel is it driv

Hi there. I would say that it may be drivable without the bumper functionally. However, depending on your state's vehicle code regulations, it may not be legal to drive without a bumper. I would check your state's laws regarding this...

If the temp gauge don't go beyond the halfway point do I have a bad radiator? No coolant on grounds noted.

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your Toyota Sienna. You could have a leaking radiator without knowing it. I was taught that there are classes of leaks (https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/oil-fluid-leak-inspection); class 1 is a leak that just leaves a wet spot...

Oil dripping - 2003 Volkswagen Passat

First, I would take another good hard look at the valve cover gasket. Particularly around the plug at the back end of the camshaft. This is a very tricky gasket to install and even professionals have to have another go...

Why are all my dashboard lights on? - 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier

GM has had many issues with their digital dashboards, and this sounds like one more. Disconnecting the battery for a few minutes, then re-connecting it will give you a reset. More often, a "rebuild" or refurbishment of the digital dash...

Rear axle fishtailing at low speeds.

Hi there. Check the suspension to the rear axle and see if anything is broken. You will have to raise up the vehicle and see if the rear tires can move back and forth. If they do, then there is...

What would cause my security light to come on in my 1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass

Hello. Most of the time this is caused by a failure in the key sensor located inside of the key lock cylinder. Either the sensor itself fails or the wiring from the sensor located in the steering column fails. Most...

abs, traction control, E brake and check engine light comes on, code U0121 and U1120 show on scan tool what could be causing it?

Hi there. The only component that impacts the majority of these systems is a transmission speed sensor. In some cases, the sensor will slowly wear out, lighting individual warning lights when trouble codes are stored in the ECU. However, when...