Q: How do I disable the Trailer Sway feature?

asked by on December 11, 2015

How do I disable the Trailer Sway feature?

Your truck comes with a Trailer Sway feature. This feature helps ease trailer sway when towing an object. To disable the Trailer Sway feature.

1. Press the Setup button until you see Trailer Sway.

2. Press the Reset button to turn off this feature.

I just put a junkyard transmission in my truck when I pulled the dipstick out before starting it it doesn't register should the fl

You said your vehicle has a manual transmission but I think you meant to say automatic transmission. You should make sure your transmission is filled before you start it with one quart at a time until you see some indication...

How do I turn the remote start system on or off?

The remote start system allows you to turn on your engine from outside the car, with just the push of a button. This system can be turned off if you don’t want it to be usable. To turn on or...

Frank, Id like to install cruise control into a chevy express 1500 AWD that currently does not have it. Is that possible? 2012 Chevrolet Express 1500

Hi there - yes, that would be possible, although the cost effectiveness of adding this feature to your current vehicle may not make sense. Adding cruise control could be done by either finding another Express van in a recycling yard,...

How do I replace the seat belt pretensioner?

The seat belt pretensioners are a key part of the front seat safety system. The pretensioners help the belts restrain the driver and front passenger quickly in the event of an accident. The pretensioners can only be used once, so...

What do I do if the moon roof won’t close correctly?

Like your car’s windows, the moon roof is equipped with a jam protection system designed to prevent the moon roof from closing if something is in the way. If it detects an object in the way, the moon roof will...

AC rattling and Alignment Check Gauge Light coming on.

Based on your question I believe that you are having an issue with the serpentine belt tensioner on your truck. The serpentine belt is on the front of the engine and drives all the accessories attached to the engine. This...

What does the low tire pressure Warning Light mean?

The low tire pressure Warning Light is located on the instrument panel. This light illuminates when one of your tires is not inflated to the proper air pressure. Driving with an underinflated tire can be very dangerous, so stop as...

Rough idle speed in cold weather and no heat in cab

When the engine is cold, the engine coolant temperature sensor must be working properly to signal the PCM to enrich the mixture on cold start. If there is a fault with that sensor, you can experience rough idle idle as...

How do I properly wash my truck?

Your truck will need to be cleaned regularly. To ensure proper results, do not use any non-recommended car wash or towels. To clean your 2012 Ford F-150. Rinse your vehicle with lukewarm water. Spray off the underbody and clear...