Q: I would like to collect brake pedal position information from my OBD2 port. Can this be done?

asked by on October 27, 2016

I take my 370Z to the track and I would like to collect brake pedal position from my OBD2 port. I can currently get all other information I want (speedometer, tach, throttle position, etc.), but I can not get the brake pedal position information. I would like to access this information. This will help me in deciding how I can improve my braking skills. Can this be done?

The brake pedal position does not have a specific wire to the OBD2 connector that can be monitored. You could however monitor the data stream and get the brake on or off PID in the data monitoring. The PID will be identified in the data list as BOO for "Brake On and Off".

You will need to use a scanner that can read all the data stream. Not all scanners have the capability to read all the data PIDs. If you’d like assistance with this, consider enlisting one of our mobile technicians to help assess your brake system.