Q: The car starts but when you press the gas pedal no response

asked by on December 25, 2016

The car starts but when you press the gas pedal no response what the reason for that is it the gas pedal controller

Car is slow to accelerate Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

If there is no throttle response when you start your car it can be caused by a few things. Most of the time this is caused by an issue with the throttle body itself. The motor inside of the throttle body fails and causes this to occur. I usually install my scan tool and monitor the sensor readings from the accelerator position sensor and the throttle position sensors. This would tell me if this is caused by a sensor issue. If the sensors are all fine then I would test the circuits to see if there is an issue there. If the circuits are fine then the throttle body itself needs to be replaced. If you are looking to have this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the throttle is not responding] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-slow-to-accelerate-inspection