Need estimate on blown head gasket repair for 1996 s10 4....

Q: Need estimate on blown head gasket repair for 1996 s10 4.3 v6

asked by on April 18, 2017

Need repair estimate for blown head gasket

Head gasket replacement sometimes requires machine shop work. If the head and block are not flat within an incredibly tiny tolerance (often .002 inches), it’s a waste of time to replace the gasket as it will just leak anew. So, basically, once the head is removed, both the head and the block have to be measured for perfect flatness. If the components are not flat enough, they have to go to a machine shop. For this reason, only a few certified Mechanics dispatched by YourMechanic will provide the repair but of those who do replace head gaskets you can be sure it will be done right because all will make the required measurements and do it by the book (the Factory Service Manual). You should call the main toll-free service number, Tel: (844) 249-6752 and inquire about mechanic availability. Generally speaking, if you want to get an idea of the most common services (repairs and diagnostics) offered by YourMechanic please look at the long list posted at YourMechanic’s List of Services at the website. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.