Q: my 2012 kia sportage turns on just fine but occasionally the back up camera and radio panel will not turn on or turn off while dr

my 2012 kia sportage turns on just fine but occasionally the back up camera and radio panel will not turn on or turn off while driving. It's also a push start and will often not register the key. I had the battery to the key fob replaced. What would cause those issues mentioned?

Hello, thank you for writing in. The intermittent nature of the issue can help us rule out some of the issues that would cause the UVO system to completely fail. You should start by checking the fuses, and make sure they are secure and clean. Secondly you will want to make sure the electrical connections to the system are clean, dry, and tight. After you rule out a wiring connection issue, you may want to try resetting the system with the driver controls. While it is not impossible that the two issues (the UVO and the starting issues) are related, we will want to treat them separately at first. The key will have issues being recognized if there is something blocking the signal. This may mean your cell phone is in the way of the signal, or that there is something blocking the signal at the other end. With a new fob battery, the signal strength should be improved. Try relocating the key fob from your pocket or bag when you push the start button. If this does not improve the issue, and resetting your UVO system does not stop the intermittent failure, then you will want to have the vehicle inspected by a technician.

3. my 2012 kia sportage turns on just fine but occasionally the back up camera and radio panel will not turn on or turn off while dr