Q: Car jerks with slow acceleration

Once my car accelerate the car jerks a bit also it has a slow acceleration after every stop.

A: Hello. There are a few different things tha...

Hello. There are a few different things that can cause this on your vehicle. I usually start by checking to make sure that there are not any codes in the computer that would indicate the problem. If there are not any codes I monitor all of the sensor readings as that would tell me if any of the sensors are failing. This can be as simple as a dirty air flow sensor.

If those are all fine I do a visual check of the engine mounts. If they are worn then the engine and transmission can move and produce the issue that you are having. If that is also fine then it may be a CV axle that is failing or an internal transmission issue. The transmission fluid would need to be drained and inspected for metal to see if there is an internal failure. In some cases I have also seen this vehicle need a computer update to fix this. If you need to have your car looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair why your car is jerking forward.