Q: Gearshift sticking

The gear shift is sticking when I go from Drive to Park, Reverse, D-1, and D-2. I think the cable needs to be fixed.

Cables are covered by a hard plastic sleeve. The cable is actually exposed only at the ends. the largest portion of exposed cable is at the shifter. This means it is susceptible to debris that falls through the console. Things like spilled drinks and dirt build up on the cable over time and get in the plastic sleeve. This causes the cable to stick. Removing the console and cleaning the cable works in some cases, but replacing the cable might be necessary. A mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to remove the console and inspect the cable for you to determine why your gear is sticking.

3. Gearshift sticking