Q: Timing belt broke

The timing belt broke. I'm not sure if the engine needs to be replaced.

Hello. It sounds like you have interference motor that will need to be replaced. An interference motor is one that has very tight valve clearance between the cylinder head and the engine piston. If the timing belt breaks in this type of motor, it will cause the valves in the cylinder head to hit the pistons. This will in turn, cause the valves to bend the cylinder head. This motor may need to be replaced depending on the amount of damage done. If you need this issue repaired, I would have a professional mechanic diagnose and repair this problem for you.