Q: Check engine Light on and medium consume increased fast

asked by on June 06, 2016

Hi, thx for your services, hope you understand my english, Few days ago i saw chk engine light on and i dont have the opportunity to go on a service to diagnose it, I observed after the light of engine appeared my consume increased fast from 6,2 to 9,6 L/100 . I am a beginner and i bought this car 2 months ago, i mention that car is not new but it was tested on ford factory in Belgium on 23.10.2015 and passed very well , i am in republic of Moldova. What can i say any more .... engine 1.4 TDCi diesel usually takes 5 L/100. And one more thing when i keep pressed accelerating pedal the consume increase very fast form 9,5 to 9,6 L /100km in about 4 or 5 seconds. http://www.autotrader.co.uk/used-cars/ford/fusion/used-ford-fusion-1-4-tdci-style-climate-5dr-huntingdon-fpa-201606054630684?logcode=p is looks like this but the steering is on left side
Thank you very much.
My car has 86700 miles, manual transmission UPDATE:few hours later i drived 50 meters and raised to 9.9L

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello,

According to the numbers you have provided, the engine is consuming much more fuel than it is supposed to. You also mention that this began only after your Check Engine Light came on. From your description, it appears that your vehicle has suffered some sort of moderate to minor engine performance problem, which has not only activated the Check Engine Light but also caused your fuel mileage to decrease significantly, almost in half. I will not say this is a major issue, since the vehicle is still running. If the Check Engine Light begins to flash, then the issue is serious and the vehicle should be stopped and taken in for service.

While it will not be possible to say exactly what the issue may be without scanning the computer for trouble codes, it is likely that this issue is probably fuel or air related, as the issues, whatever they may be, have had a profound effect on the fuel consumption of the vehicle.

I would recommend first examining the vehicle closely to make sure that you have no fuel leaks, and then having the computer scanned for trouble codes. The Check Engine Light can be caused by a wide variety of issues, so scanning the computer for trouble codes is the best way to figure out what the exact problem may be.