Q: Variable valve timing

I have a variable valve timing issue with my 2011 gmc terrain. What can I expect to have it repaired?

The protocol depends on the codes that have set, which are quite varied. Problems with these systems on your particular model and year can stem from blocked oil passages to failed solenoids to wiring harness issues, not to mention mechanical faults. Your best entree to getting this resolved is to simply request a check engine light diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will download the codes and begin the diagnostic from there. The codes are just clues as quite a few actual part tests must be performed before the actual fault can be determined. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Variable valve timing