Q: windshield wipers will not turn off.

the winshield wipers will not turn off. already disconnected the wiper swith and the problem continues. all fuses have been checked

A: Hi there. Thanks for writing in about the w...

Hi there. Thanks for writing in about the windshield wiper issue on your 2013 Chrysler 200. It’s pretty rare that this happens with a newer vehicle like yours, but there are a few potential issues that might be causing this. You stated that you checked the fuses and they all appear to be good. That’s a great first step as a blown fuse is often the first thing that might cause continual flow of electricity to the wiper motor.

The second item that could be faulty is the park switch, which is located inside the wiper motor. When this part fails, the cars battery will typically continue to supply power to the wipers and keep them running until the power supply is removed – which you indicated you already did.

This looks like this could be the issue. If your car is still under warranty, I’d take it to the dealership, as this should be fixed by them. However, if not, I would recommend having a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your home or office to inspect the wiper issue and make the correct repairs as this could involve the ECU.