Q: nissan xterra anti theft issue

Hi, I bought today a 2008 nissan xterra thats been sitting for 1 year. the batter was dead. I replaced the batter but the car doesnt start. the Anti theft light keep blinking. i tried unlocking the door the trunk none of that worked. i called the key smith guy and he coudnt do anything he said his computer is not connecting to the car. the obd machine also doesnt connect

Hi there. In some case, when a professional mechanic is not able to connect an OBD-II diagnostic scanner to the ECU, it’s an indication of a blown fuse or electrical relay. In other instances, it’s due to the ECU being damaged and non-responsive; which would require a replacement and reprogramming by a Nissan dealership or specialist with the appropriate Nissan-specific hardware and software programs unfortunately. The best and most affordable way to determine this is to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location to complete a car is hard to start inspection. They will determine what is causing the communication error to the ECU and provide you with the best advice on how to proceed.

3. nissan xterra anti theft issue