Q: Car won't crank or start with ignition - Audi A3

My 2011 Audi A3 1.8 tfsi stronic, wont crank with the key but it can start with manual solenoid jumping. The other issue is that I realized it keeps flashing P on the gear indicator and the gear know wont shift unless I engage emergency release.

A: Hi there. From the description you have giv...

Hi there. From the description you have given, the problem of your vehicle not cranking with the key and gear indicator (P) flashing. This leads me to believe, there is a problem with the transmission position sensor. Not recognizing the vehicle is in park could keep the engine from turning over with the key and requires you to engage the emergency brake before the vehicle will shift. To get this verified, I recommend having your vehicle's no crank diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic.