Q: Car starts and runs perfectly for 3-4 minutes then stalls and won't restart for several hours.

asked by on October 27, 2016

Out of nowhere car stalled and would not restart. Next morning car restarted, idled and ran perfectly for 3-4 minutes then stalled and would not restart until the next morning and would repeat the same process. check engine light came on with the initial incident. checked codes with cheapy scanner and came up with PO335 and PO335 pending codes. replaced CPS,coil and ICM with no change. Have power and ground from CPS to coil. HELP.

Trouble Code P0335 is a crankshaft position error code if I remember correctly and it sounds like you replaced the camshaft position sensor inside the distributor. If the scanner you have shows live data, you can watch the engine rpm numbers while the engine is running and if they do not match the tachometer on the dashboard or you can see the reading cut out right before the engine stalls, you may need to replace a faulty crankshaft position sensor. To avoid any unnecessary repairs, consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic to come take a look at what’s going on and offer a personal diagnosis of the stalling issue.