My rpm gauge works only sometimes. l4-2.2l chevrolet coba...

Q: My rpm gauge works only sometimes.

asked by on October 02, 2017

My rpms will either work or stay at zero when I'm driving.

Since the engine is running okay then the computer is getting an rpm signal but the dash is not. This can be caused by a defective instrument cluster or the wiring connections and wiring to the cluster. The cluster will need to be removed and wiring tested to see if an rpm signal is getting to the cluster. If signal is getting to cluster then check connections ar cluster and verify good contact. If all this checks out then the cluster will need to be repaired or replaced.