07 honda pilot p2138 code. While driving on frwy check en...

Q: 07 honda pilot p2138 code. While driving on frwy check engine and vsa light came on. When stopped and resume acceleration pilot sl

asked by on August 03, 2017

Vehicle has a p2138 code after the following issue during a normal drive. Driving on the freeway around 70mph the check engine light and vsa light both come on. After stopping at a red light car would accelerate very slowly while fluttering getting to 20mph. Eventually once I got it to get past 20 it would accelerate fine and go back to normal speeds. After stopping and shutting the pilot off for a bit and restarting it the vsa light would go off and check engine stayed on holding the p2138 code. Vehicle would drive fine and had no issues for about 3 or 4 days then the same issue happened again exactly the same. Read several threads on this issue with Honda Pilots and several point to the TPS and acellerator sensor. Any suggestions for furhter troubleshooting to hone in on the main issue. Im not a professional mechanic but have worked on my cars my whole life about 40 years so normally can resolve and fix myself but sometimes need that expert help on electronics diagnostics

Hi there. You might find this article very helpful in trying to diagnose the root source of this error code. The article will also explain what the code means, common causes and repairs.