Q: PCV valve hose collapses

asked by on October 06, 2016

Can i use any hose to replace the PCV hose? A hose is a hose I did it before with dpfe hoses and all is well.

I am guessing your PCV collapsed because it is old and weak. This will cause your PCV to collapse while it is in vacuum. I would recommend going to your local auto parts store and picking up a reinforced braided hose. These have a solid structure that will not collapse under vacuum. They will also be able to cut and match the length of your existing hose. Also, make sure the hose is sealed on both ends to ensure that there are no leaks. If you are in doubtful about this repair, I would recommend enlisting the assistance of a qualified professional in order to guide you through proper replacement of the PCV valve hose.