Q: Gas Cap

i like to know can i buy a gas cap for my car. When i bought my car it did not come with a gas cap attach to it

The first to do is to look at the gas refueling location to see if you have the no cap design or the cap is just missing. If you have the no cap design then you do not have to put a cap on .You would not have a check engine light on if this is what you have. If you have a missing cap then the check engine light would be on for a vapor leak. You can purchase and install a cap but would need to have the check engine light checked and codes cleared if it is for the missing cap.