Q: Why doesn't my defroster work in my 2003 Pontiac Sunfire

i took my 2003 pontiac sunfire into the shop because my defroster on passenger side wasn't working and got it back for about $140.00 it appears just gussing he replace the hose,now second time he charged me $120.00 and the car is worst the hole back defroster and passenger side not working and the bottum panel lights are out can you tell me WHAT HAPPEN?what did they do or not do because the small buttum to hit to work it not clicking as well,please help i''m sad and desperate
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Defroster is not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. If the rear defroster is working like you explain then it sounds like the rear window needs to be replaced. As the element in the window begins to short out internally various parts of it will stop working until it does not work at all. It probably needs a new rear window. As for the other areas of the dash that are not working now, there is probably a connection issue caused by the work that was done during diagnostics. This needs to be checked out by the shop again. If you want to have someone else take a look at your car, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why these electrical systems are not working] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/defroster-is-not-working-inspection