Q: Check Engine Light is on - 2005 Dodge Stratus

Okay so the check engine light has been on. I replaced multiple parts on the car and still nothing, the computer is saying the o2 sensors but i changed them already. I changed the catylitic converter, battery,both o2 sensors,cars computer, spark plus and wires, and the tension belt!

A: You can keep replacing parts but until you ...

You can keep replacing parts but until you get the codes in the computer diagnosed properly the Check Engine Light will keep coming on. The O2 sensors may give indications that they’re not working when they are only indicating the engine is running lean or rich. As with any code you get from the computer, it is only part of the diagnostics that need to be done. You should then do a pinpoint test for the code you get. This test will go through several possible tests to check other possible causes of the code to narrow the problem down to one thing in most cases. Have a mechanic come and do a thorough diagnostic check for you and it may save you money in the long run.