Q: How do I fix O2 sensor heater cylinders 1-6 circuit malfunction?

Check engine light on. OBD trouble code P1193. Cause: wiring. Where are the O2 sensor heater cylinders located and how do I fix this problem? Will the check engine light go out if I resolve this correctly?

The oxygen sensor heater is integral to the sensor assembly itself. It is not separately serviceable. If the heater tests bad, the entire sensor is replaced as an assembly. In your case, P1193 refers to an oxygen sensor which is mounted after the catalytic converter and whose purpose is solely to monitor the efficiency or effectiveness of the converter. The sensor is not used to optimize the operation of the engine itself. Sensor heaters can be tested using an ohmmeter prior to condemning the sensor just to be sure there is not an external wiring fault. If the heater and/or sensor is bad you should replace the sensor because otherwise the check engine light will always be on, thus making it impossible for you to be alerted to the existence of any new or additional trouble codes, if such arise while the light remains lit for the P1193 Code. If you desire that the sensor heater be tested, and the oxygen sensor be replaced, if necessary, please request an oxygen sensor diagnostic/replacement and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. How do I fix O2 sensor heater cylinders 1-6 circuit malfunction?