Q: how do i get my dash and tail lights to work they went out back to back

asked by on April 28, 2017

my daughters lights stopped working on the dash and tail lights at the same time

If the headlights or license plate lights come on, that might eliminate the stalk mounted combination switch from consideration, as well as the fuse and/or fusible links. In a situation like this where you know the switch is in the "on" position basically you test for power to the switch and power leaving the switch to the circuit that you have commanded on. If the switch works and there is power you have to trace the circuit back to the bulbs to find the interruption and also check to make sure all body grounds are good. There could be power but if the ground connection(s) is no good, the circuit won’t work. If you desire a quick resolution, please request an electrical component/circuit diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.