Q: The back of my car makes a noise when turning somewhat hard - it's not the noise when you do turn too hard

asked by on November 15, 2016

Noise when turning more what reversing and turning

Does the noise sound like it might be a grinding or maybe a clicking noise? A grinding noise might come from a loose or broken component moving around during turns. Clicking noises might come from a worn axle where the boot may have torn and leaked all of the grease out that lubricates the joint. Strut mount bearings fail often as well and they will make a lot of noise when turning the wheel sometimes in both directions. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out for a closer look at the noise when turning and offer a more personal diagnosis.