Q: My car overheated i believe and was jerky

My heater for the last couple months would blow cold at idle and the higher I revved the engine the hotter it was. A couple weeks ago I had the valve cover gasket repkaced,thermostat , upper radiator hose, ETC . last couple of days the heat wet out all together and blew cold and would come back hour 5% of time driving . I checked radiator and was dry after I had it flushed and filled 2 weeks ago, I filled it and my heater turned on full heat and was driving good get in it 3 hours later and it has lost power between gears but engine is performing normal. I get on freeway going 65mph and my temp light comes on ( I don't have a needle just red temp light ) I pull over and car started jerking violently turn engine off and on and temp light is off turn it over again and idles fine drive 10 seconds and jerks again. I put coolant in again and made it home fine no problem I notice white corrosion under the cap and it's flowing all into the overfill and radiator is steaming when warm suspicious

Hello. It sounds like you have a serious overheating issue. If the engine is losing coolant this fast then there is a serious issue. I usually check the cooling system for any eternal leaks first and if the issue is not found then I pressure test the system. If there are no external leaks then there is an internal leak from either a crack or a bad head gasket. A block test would need to be done to verify if that is the issue. It would definitely explain what is happening. If you want to have your cooling system checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why it is overheating] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-overheating-inspection

3. My car overheated i believe and was jerky