Q: key problem

2001 pontiac trans am rear end ran low on oil and ended up breaking the drive shaft keys wont come out of ignition now?

A: It sounds like when the drive shaft broke i...

It sounds like when the drive shaft broke it may have damaged the transmission linkage and is not letting the transmission go all the way to Park. This will prevent the key from turning to the locked position. If you can turn your ignition all the way back and the selector says you are in Park then you may have bent the key somehow and now the key is locked in the ignition cylinder.

You can call a mechanic to come and look at your stuck key issue to see if it is the linkage or the lock that is the problem.