Q: every few days i have to jump start my car

My dome light wont go off with the keys in the ignition and i cant turn the dome light on by pressing the the button every few days i have to jump start the car can a bad starter cause you to have to jump start the car every few days i had the alternator and baytery tested at oreilys the say they passed but the starter faided a test

Hello. Yes a bad starter could cause a car to need a jump start every few days. Additional power provided by an extra battery could be enough to get a weakening started going again. Your vehicle may have a battery drainage because your dome light or another component could be staying on inside the car while you are away. Therefore it may be that you need a jump for a drained battery not weak starter. If requested, a YourMechanic technician will test your starter and battery to find the appropriate solution. The interior lights not going off with the key in the ignition could be an ignition switch or a dimmer switch issue. On your vehicle, the fuse that controls your interior lights is micro fuse number 69(in the trunk). You can remove that fuse to make the light stay off until the problem is fixed to save battery power. The fuses/relay for the ignition switch are mini fuse number 21(in trunk)and relay number 36(underhood). A technician will have to complete a parasitic drain test on those fuses and relays to find out which one is drawing extra power. The cause will likely be a faulty ignition switch, faulty ignition relay, faulty dimmer switch, or wiring issue

3. every few days i have to jump start my car