Q: The cooling fan runs loud and fast on a cold start and the car overheats

The radiator fan runs very loud and fast and the car is overheating..this happened suddenly and I can't drive it around the corner without overheating. It has about 180k miles a recent service and the coolant level is good and was changed about 1 year ago..connected Obd reader and there isn't any codes

A: From the description you have provided, you...

From the description you have provided, your vehicle's cooling system thermostat may be stuck closed. The cooling system thermostat is designed to quickly bring the engine up to operating temperature. If stuck closed, the result would be the engine overheating in a short time. The cooling fan on while the engine is cold could be normal if the A/C is on. I recommend having your vehicle's overheating issues diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.