Car won't start sentra 2005 nissan alternators fuel pumps...

Q: Car won't start

My car won't start. It was having problems, and I had to turn the key several times to get the engine on. Now it doesn't work at all. It looks like the gas pump died.

Hi. This is a pretty common problem with you vehicle. After the engine is shut off, the fuel pump bleeds off pressure. Then, when you go to start the vehicle, extended cranking is required to build the pressure back up. There is a technical service bulletin (TSB) regarding this issue. It is number NTB05-052a and it lists a repair kit to correct this issue. A trained technician will be able to confirm this is the problem by checking how fast the fuel pressure bleeds off when the engine is turned off. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, inspect your vehicle’s starting problem and replace any damaged parts.