Q: The "hold" light keeps popping up on its own and it causes the car not to get out of third gear.

Its a Mazda Verisa 2005. The "hold" light keeps popping up on its own and it causes the car not to get out of third gear. Even pressing the hold button and trying to disengage the function doesnt help.

Try holding down the "HOLD" button for about 5 seconds and this should correct the problem. If it does not, you may have a computer issue that will require diagnosing with a scanning tool. In this case I would recommend scheduling an appointment with an expert from YourMechanic to come to your home to diagnose this electrical issue and make repairs.

3. The "hold" light keeps popping up on its own and it causes the car not to get out of third gear.