Q: Do you have to have a Catalytic converter on your vehicle in Indiana?

I wanted to know if it was required for a vehicle to have a Catalytic converter on it in Indiana

Short answer id Yes you have to have one on this vehicle. The longer answer is that your vehicle falls under the Federal Emissions Standard for the 2001 year. The vehicle has to meet the Federal standards and Indiana can impose a standard that is more strict on emissions but cannot take away from the Federal Standard. This means the converter is a Federal Standard requirement to be on your vehicle since it was equipped with one from the factory. It is illegal to remove or alter a vehicles emissions.

3. Do you have to have a Catalytic converter on your vehicle in Indiana?