Q: Car shaking, rumbling sound, traction controls going on and off, loss of power momentarily

Car shaking on passenger side, rumbling sound, traction control going on and off, loss of power momentarily.

Hello, What you are describing sounds like your traction control system engaging. Depending on the conditions in which you are driving in, this may or may not be normal. As you know, the traction control system is designed to help to control the car in adverse driving situations. Your car is equipped with wheel speed sensors at each of the four wheels which monitor wheel speed while relaying this information simultaneously to the ABS and traction control system which are controlled by the car’s ECU. When the ECU senses an abnormal speed given specific conditions, it engages the ABS or traction control as needed to control the vehicle properly and safely. Occasionally, these sensors can fail or become faulty working intermittently sending inaccurate signals to the ECU. When this happens, you may experience the symptoms you have described. The ABS or traction control system may be inadvertently activated by these false or inaccurate signals. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose your ABS and traction control system.

3. Car shaking, rumbling sound, traction controls going on and off, loss of power momentarily