Q: New battery; car won't start

I changed out the battery, and now my car will not start at all. I think it might be an electrical reset issue.

Hello. If the car is not starting after a battery replacement then you either have a bad connection at the battery or it is possible that the programming in the computer got corrupted when the voltage was lost. This can cause a security system issue that can cause a no start. If the engine is cranking and not starting, then I would check and see is the security light is on inside of the vehicle while cranking. If it is, then the security system needs to be reset. If the engine is not cranking at all, then there is an electrical issue. A voltage meter will need to be used to run through some tests to see if maybe there is a relay or circuit problem or possibly a computer issue. If you were not planning on doing this yourself, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your car’s starting issue.