Q: Noise above 40 mph

asked by on August 09, 2016

I have a heavy duty cutaway service van with 175000 miles on it. While driving on the freeway it started making a wooing noise from the front end when I drive above 40 mph. It gets louder when I turn right and still the van is still moving. If I turn left and still moving the noise goes away. I had the ball joints and wheel bearings replaced at a front end shop. I drove it again and the same thing happened. I brought it back to the shop and they told me the front rotators and calipers needed replacement. But I already put in the new parts and replaced them myself with new pads. Do you know what this could be? I am mystified.

Try to rotate the tires to see if the noise changes on your 2004 Ford E-350 Econoline. I have had many noises caused by uneven tire wear, alignment issues, or lack of tire rotations. You already replaced all the other possible causes of the noise and the only rotating part left is the tires. If you want to have this looked at before moving forward with any further repairs, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the noise.