Q: I have a 2004 Pontiac Montana and the air compressor does not work anymore. Could it be a simple fuse replacement?

I have a 2004 Pontiac Montana and the air pump to blow up tires etc does not work anymore. Could it be a fuse

Hi there. Check the fuses for any blown fuses. If the fuses are good and working, then check the clutch wire to the compressor and see if there is power with the air conditioning switch on high and fan on high. If there is power to the wire, then the clutch on the compressor needs replaced. If there is no power, then follow the wire to the low pressure switch. Remove the harness plug to the low pressure switch and check for power. If there is power to the plug, then take a paper clip and bridge the wires together and see if the clutch engages. If the clutch engages, then the system has a refrigerant leak and needs checked. If there is no power, then check the power on the fuse box to the air conditioning switch. If there is power to the switch but nothing after the switch, then the air conditioning cluster switch needs replaced. If you need further assistance with your a/c not working, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• I have a 2004 Pontiac Montana and the air compressor does not work anymore. Could it be a simple fuse replacement?