Q: Stalling while driving

So, my situation is that I bought a 2002 Nissan Altima. Almost immediately, I started to have various issues. Almost everything on that car, including a new engine AND block, as well as a new mass airflow sensor (and a new airflow manifold to go along), two new cat convertors, new spark plugs, new radiator and fan, almost everything. Now my issue is that the car idles really low, with very low RPMs, and often stalls, including while driving. This happened, so I got my catalytic convertor replaced AGAIN, on my mechanic's suggestion, and within a few hours it happened again. My check engine light ISN'T on, nor is my SES light. I don't want to spend more money on this, but I need it working to even hope to break even on what I bought it for.

Thank you for your time. Jacob

Hi Jacob:

Sometimes spending a few dollars to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a car is hard to start inspection is the best way to properly diagnose why a vehicle is having issues like you’ve described. However, it’s very common for multiple components to be faulty or damaged, meaning when you replace one that might be an issue, another part is also faulty. Before you spend another dollar on replacement parts, I’d recommend that you have a mobile mechanic complete a car starts then stalls inspection.

3. Stalling while driving