Q: 2000 Buick century stop accelerating while driving,it did not shut off over heat did not smoke, I check trans fluid it was ok

asked by on November 28, 2017

2000 Buick century stop accelerating while driving,it did not shut off over heat it did not even smoke, I checked the trans fluid it was ok can anyone narrow down the possible problem

The computer may limit engine power if it detects a system problem. You will need to have the computer scanned for codes stored in memory to see what has caused the loss of power and acceleration. You may have a faulty throttle position sensor.