Q: Can the horn/alarm be permanently disengaged or disconnected?

The alarm goes off for approx 30 seconds several times a day. I have Googled and seen that this is an issue with 2005 Escapes. I haven't found a clear answer on if the horn can be simply cut off for good. Perhaps just pull a fuse. We do not want to spend big bucks to replace doors, locks, etc. I just want to disconnect the horn. Thank you!!

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in. It seems t...

Hi there, thanks for writing in. It seems the problem is that one or more of the door latches is not closing completely when the door is closed, therefore the car will activate the door ajar light switch cause the alarm to activate. The alarm horn is the same horn you use when you hit the horn button on the steering wheel. It cannot be deactivated. You can have the door switches checked with a scanner to see which one is causing the problem (Most likely the driver's door). If you open each door and look at the latches you will see worn off plastic on the latch lock fingers. Hope this helps and best of luck!

If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make any repairs as needed.