Q: Why does my 2012 Chevrolet Sonic only rev to 3500 rpm in park.

I had my 2012 Chevy Sonic LTZ in neutral and when I pushed on the accelerator the rpm needle would rev up to around 3500 rpm and would not go any further. When the car was in drive it did not feel as though it was lacking any power and when I pressed on the accelerator the vehicle responded. Please help

This is normal for your vehicle. The vehicle is designed not to be overrevved when it is in park. When you start driving the computer recognizes this and allows it to rev higher. I would not worry about this unless you are having an issue with the check engine light coming on also indicating another problem.

3. Why does my 2012 Chevrolet Sonic only rev to 3500 rpm in park.