Q: 2009 VW CC won't crank, lights all work do not dim, windows ok, battery is good. No clicking sound. Horn does not beep when locked

asked by on February 28, 2018

Fob works, when the fob is inserted and pushed to start the dash and everything light up as usual but no cranking or clicking. Tested battery, fuses all relays I could find. Can hear the fuel pump kick on. Windows work, radio and lights. No dimming of light when trying to start. Just does nothing. Horn is not beeping when locked from fob, but doors are locking. Red anti theft light not blinking at all, but no warning light on dash for anti theft. Can't really get to starter (unless you have a suggestion on that) to check it, but wasn't sure that would be it with no clicking. Had no symptoms when parked 2 days ago except it hit a pothole and got a flat tire.

The most likely cause of this issue would be the starter motor. Oftentimes the starter motor can fail I’m not cause a clicking sound when the vehicle is being attempted to start. I would recommend having a car will not start inspection performed by a qualified professional to determine if the starter is functioning properly. Consider YourMechanic as this can be done at your home or office.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr