Q: Steering wheel making funny noise

My steering wheel is making a funny noise when I am turning.

Is this noise coming from inside as if from the column itself? Or is the noise coming from under your hood in the engine area? Do you hear it under the car? When you turn your steering wheel it is important to remember that a noise could be coming from either the steering or suspension systems meaning the problem could be with the pump, belt, and hoses that supply the necessary pressure to the hydraulic cylinders that turn your cars tires in the direction you want, or the noise could be coming from a suspension component such as ball joints, control arm bushings, or a tie rod, or pittman arm. All of these move with the steering, and a dry or worn bushing could be the culprit. I would recommend enlisting the help of the mechanic to diagnose the noise that is coming from your steering wheel.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr