Q: Advice on having the transmission flushed

After going to the dealership, I was suggested to do a transmission flush. My car has gone 40,000 miles only, so I am reluctant to pay the amount of money they requested, for something that might not be necessary at all. What do you think? Should I do it or are they only after money?

A: Hello there, changing the transmission flui...

Hello there, changing the transmission fluid at the recommended service intervals helps the transmission last longer and reduces chances of faults down the line.

Mercedes recommends a transmission fluid service at 40,000 miles as part of the 40,000 mileage service package. The best advice is to follow the manufacturer's recommended service intervals.

If you end up needing assistance with this, consider a qualified technician from YourMechanic, they are available to service your transmission fluid at your own convenience.