Q: Screeching

Vehicle has just had the aircon bearings changed and the aircon belt ... does not whistle straight away but once it starts ( usually after travelling 2 miles) it is constant . sounds like slipping fan belt but it is a constant sound not intermittent. Garage does not know where to look next ??

Hi There, It sounds like your car may have a loose belt. I would recommend having the belt adjusted via the belt tensioner which should correct the problem. You can also have some belt dressing applied to the belt which helps to lubricate the belt a bit keeping it from screeching as you describe. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your car.