Q: Car is hard to start early morning - temp is 26 degree celcius.

2000 Nissan Maxima. Car is hard to start early morning. Temp here is 26 degree. I have to press the gas pedal for few seconds to prevent it from dying. but its start normally when warn. Please help. I have change the pump, camshaft position sensor, nozzle checked, clean the ignition. No code show when scanned

When I bought the car 3 years ago, I realized maf airflowmeter sensor is not present but I put another which is different from recommended spec but still works. Lastweek, I changed the maf now to the expected one and I could see Improvement but the rpm most times will be decreasing once it starts but later went off. I also notice the car consume fuels.

If need be, I can forward you video of what am saying.

A: Most of the time, cold weather starting iss...

Most of the time, cold weather starting issues are caused by low cranking amps in the battery. However, if you're able to crank it over rather easily, you may have a throttle body that needs to be cleaned. Sometimes fuel will solidify in colder weather which makes it very difficult to vaporize initially. Excessive carbon build up inside the throttle body can increase these symptoms. If you clean your throttle body and your starting issues don't improve, contact one of our local YourMechanic Professionals to inspect the issue further.