Q: After replacing the window regulator in my 2002 Ford Windstar the window goes up crooked.

asked by on February 26, 2017

I couldn't get the old track off of the old regulator that's on the bottom of the window so I put the new regulator on the old track but now the window goes up crooked. What can be done to fix this?

Hi there. The window regulator is loose or the window is off the window regulator causing the window to go up crooked. Remove the door panel and check the window regulator and see if it’s not mounted properly. If the window regulator is mounted, then check the window and see if it has popped out of the window regulator or if the rollers are broken on the window regulator. If you need further assistance with your window going up crooked, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

Hello. If you used the old track with the new regulator then that may be the issue. Most of the time the old track will not fit right into the new regulator which explains why it is binding and going up crooked. I would need to take the window regulator apart in order to find the actual issue. I would get some help from a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, that can come to you to [repair the window] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/window-is-not-working-inspection