Q: had to replace rear brake caliper, is parking brake cable just worn out? Cant get it back on caliper!

The parking brake cable connects to the rear brake caliper. Got it off the caliper just barely. Now have new caliper mounted and absolutely no way able to get parking brake cable back on.

You should install the brake cable before installing the brake caliper. You may have to turn in the caliper again to get it back over the rotor when installing it. If you want to have this done for you, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to correctly install the parking cable (and caliper) for you - just let them know that you already have the parts.

3. had to replace rear brake caliper, is parking brake cable just worn out? Cant get it back on caliper!