Q: Changed battery and the fuel pump and car still slow to start. When it does start it shuts off without warning. Fuel filter is fine.

What are the other possibilities ? No check engine light comes on the dash. We already changed the battery. It started with overheating. We fixed radiator. One morning the battery just died. We replaced it. These series of events happen in a one month time span. Then the car would not start. We changed oil and filter still no start. Realised fuel pump had issues. Replaced that and checked engine wiring. Pushed in a fuse that appeared to be sticking out under steering. Now it starts after a lot of cranking but after driving a short distance it just loses power and shuts off. Won't start for a while. Then it starts later only to repeatedly shut off. Can't find DB II connector on this model so diagnostic test is another issue. What could be the other possibilities?

Hi there. The battery could be dead even though it has a full charge. There could be a dead cell or an over charged cell. Have the battery checked with a load tester. This will place a load on the battery and the battery is not to drop more than 3 volts during the test. If the battery drops more than 3 volts, then the battery needs replaced. Also, check the starter and ignition system for any faults. Look for corrosion on the ignition wires and see if the cables to the starter are loose. If you need further assistance with your no start situation, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Changed battery and the fuel pump and car still slow to start. When it does start it shuts off without warning. Fuel filter is fine.