Q: Readiness code for emission

When I go to check OBD II for my car - a readiness check - I get items that are not ready linked to emission - EGR, Evaporative, O2 sensor, Catalytic Converter. This car has been not turned on for about one year. I have since driven it several times - total of 150 miles. Still get not ready status. I have a fuse that I removed because it drained the battery - this was done before having car not running for a year. This is the radio-backup fuse. When I removed, it fixed the battery charge drainage issue. Why is my car not getting a ready status for emission?

Hello. Since the vehicle sat for that long, you may have to drive it for about 500 miles before it resets. The key is varying your driving. You need to drive it at highway speeds, around town, stop-and-go driving, and keep on turning the key off and on between driving cycles to get more usage out of it. If the issue continues, then the computer may be losing voltage when the car is turned off causing it to lose memory. That would need to be checked with a voltage meter. If you need to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to inspect the Check Engine code items in person to determine what is causing the fault.

3. Readiness code for emission