Q: I need to know the purge valve solenoid location and how long it takes to replace it.

asked by on December 27, 2016

I am replacing this part and I need to know the location of it and how long should it take to do the job.

Thanks

Canister Purge Solenoid Replacement $106.26 - $358.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. There are two different locations that the purge valve was located at, depending on the vehicle type. The first location would be on the engine intake next to the throttle body on the left side when viewing the engine from the front of the vehicle. The other location is behind the fuel tank under the vehicle next to the charcoal canister. The replacement time for the location on the engine would be about 30 to 45 minutes as the intake tubing would need to be remove to access the part. The replacement time for the location next to the fuel tank would take about 1 hour and 30 minutes to 2 hours due to raising up the vehicle and having to remove the spare tire if there is any and to remove the fuel filler neck if its in the way. If you need further assistance with locating or replacing the purge valve solenoid, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.