Q: Sudden loss in power

My car was losing power after my friend jumpstarted my car the wrong way he plugged in the negative to the positive and the positive to the negative into his car and then plug it into my car and then after I jumpstarted my car my car suddenly lost power, even if my floor the gas I'm not getting the pull I used to. I jump started my car before the right way and everything was fine. There is no check engine light or any kind of light on my dash board.

A: Jumpstarting a car made in this century is ...

Jumpstarting a car made in this century is always a risky business. Even if you do everything right, the resulting power surge can damage the cars electronics. If you hook the cables up backwards, there is a spark and the damage is done before you can even realize that you've got it wrong and disconnect the cable. The fact is, any or all of the controllers could be damaged, and some parts might be damaged but not show it until later on. I recommend you not try anything else until you have a qualified technician with the right diagnostic equipment check out the car. YourMechanic can send a technician to your home with the right equipment to evaluate your car recommend your next steps.